Beauty Journal Day 2
Keeping in mind the fails from Day One, I held off on taking any Hum Nutrition products until after 10AM. This proved to be a wise move.
Here are the Hum Nutrition products I am using:
Five pills, one protein powder. Luckily, everything went down smoothly for most of the day. I think one of the most important benefits of doing all of these different supplements is that I am forced to drink more water. That’s a good thing, because it helps rid your body of toxins faster.
What’s also great about these products…you feel it working instantly.
What is Hum Nutrition?
So I should probably talk a little more about these supplements. This is what each supplement is supposed to do (according to the label):
- Collagen Love – Before taking painful anti-wrinkle measures…keep fine lines under control. One key contributor to aging is reduced collagen production, leading to wrinkling, sagging and discoloration. Collagen Love contains a unique skin repair blend with Types I, II and III Collagen – essential for young looking skin.
- Big Chill – Don’t let stress ruin your looks! Stress releases hormones that make us unhealthy, breakout and age. Big Chill contains adaptogens that are clinically researched for their ability to stop you reacting to stress, so you can keep a clear head and stay beautiful during demanding conditions.
- Flatter Me– Your secret to a flatter stomach. Designed around your diet, we developed a comprehensive proprietary enzyme blend that supports all major phases of nutrient digestion. Flatter Me is formulated to optimize protein, carb, fiber and fat breakdown and to help with nutrient absorption, relief from indigestion and bloating.
- Red Carpet – Blow in every photo opp! Our vegetarian Red Carpet formula includes the perfect balance of GLA, ALA and Vitamin E – only found in nature and at HUM. Made from bio-available nutrients from Black Currant and Sunflower seeds. Red Carpet’s healthy essential fats support glamorous hair and glowing skin.
- Skinny Bird – Pounds come and go like lovers! Skinny Bird has a unique SMAC formula that keep unwanted pounds in check. SMAC -for stress eating (5-HTP), to help boost Metabolism (green tea), to help curb Appetite (caralluma) and Chromium (to help support healthy blood sugar levels already within normal ranges.
- Raw Beauty Superfood Powder – Looking for the ultimate beauty snack that keeps you going? Raw Beauty is your answer. Over 30 beauty detox superfoods help improve your energy, support radiant skin and boost your metabolism. Best of all, never before has so much goodness tasted so delicious. Raw Beauty is a unique proprietary blend developed by HUM’s leading nutritionists: alkalizing greens, detoxifying and energizing herbs, beauty boosting phytonutrients and digestion supporting fiber, fruits, vegetables, enzymes and probiotics.
Why Hum Nutrition?
The main reason why I chose to do Hum Nutrition is because I like the idea of focusing on beauty from within. A lot of the issues we have with the outside of our body are a result of what is going on inside of our body.
Before I purchased these products, I went to see my doctor and told her everything that was going on with my body. I asked that we look at everything. They took out eight vials of blood to do extensive testing. From there, I was able to see everything that was going wrong inside of my body, as well as see key nutrients I was missing.
Since I am missing one hormonal gland (it was removed when we found a tumor in it), I needed to find out why peri-menopause started immediately after the surgery and why my hair looks like it is thinning. For the peri-menopause, we can accredit that issue to my mother’s side. She started PMS at age 44. It’s very likely I will too. Peri-menopause begins five years before menopause.
As for what I thought was my hair part becoming wider and wider, it ends up that there was a hormonal issue, which was also linked to needing more Vitamin D. They also found a severe iron deficiency (i.e. it didn’t even register). My cholesterol was over the borderline dangerous (which explained why I felt like I was about to have a heart attack all of the time).
Do you see a common theme? There were vitamin deficiencies popping up left and right. Those deficiencies were the cause of most of my concerns. That is why it makes sense for me to use Hum Nutrition since their focus is on boosting the vitamin intake in the body and supporting healthy digestion (which becomes an issue the older you get).
The Morning Routine
After all of the mistakes I made yesterday, I tried to simplify everything today. Here’s what I used:
So after washing my face with Fresh Soy Face Cleanser, I used Sulwhasoo Essential Balancing Water (toner). Sulwhasoo is part of the K-Beauty movement (Korean Beauty). For those who don’t know what that is, it is a 10 product beauty regimen that Korean women use to keep their skin soft and youthful. [Don’t worry…I’ll discuss this more later.]
After applying the toner, I took the wand from the Estee Lauder Perfectionist CP+R and put the product on my palm. I rubbed my palms together to warm up the product and applied it to my face.
Next, I scooped up some First Aid Beauty moisturizer and spritzed it with the Shiseido sunscreen. At this time, Matthew Lucifer was checking out all of the beauty products I was using. For some time, now he’s been trying to get into the First Aid Beauty moisturizer. Today, he succeeded.
With moisturizer on both of my hands, he sat in front of me and being true to his middle name, pushed that full container of moisturizer off the sink and onto the rug. He jumped off the sink to check out his accomplishment only to discover that maybe this was a bad idea. He looked up at me like he was saying, “You won’t be needing this anymore!”
I finished applying the moisturizer, picked up what was left inside the container (now only half), and washed out the rug. It was the washing out the rug that upset him. It wasn’t that he did something wrong, it was because I was doing something he’s never seen me do before in the bathroom sink and that made him mad.
This is the second time he’s pushed a jar of moisturizer off of the sink. The first time he did it, it was a jar of La Prairie. My freak out was much bigger that time, because it was a $350 jar.
The supplements went down fine throughout the day, but by evening, my body couldn’t do anymore supplements. I started puking them all up. So tomorrow, I’m going to have to cut back on the number of supplements I am trying.
I think going healthy is strange. When we go back to working out after a long hiatus, it is like we try to make up for lost time and try to run five miles, instead of easing back into things. My supplement adventure is no different.
As for the evening routine, here are the products I used…
For the evening mask, I chose Clinique Moisture Surge Overnight Mask. This product really does leave a dewy feeling on your skin when you wake up in the morning, making your skin feel extra soft.
Instead of using KP Duty on my arms tonight, I used Juara Candlenut Body Creme. I love this lotion, because it smells so nice and really hydrates the skin. I actually think this cream does a much better job at helping hydrate keratosis pilaris (chicken skin). KP Duty feels greasy and more medicine like, while Juara feels more luxurious on your skin.
To finish out the skin repair, my friend taught me this little trick when it comes to moisturizing your feet…use Vaseline. Out of all the foot lotions, creams, etc. I have used over the years, Vaseline seems to be the only thing that works at both repairing and moisturizing tired feet.
Tomorrow, I will be cutting back on the nutritional supplements. I’m going to continue with the Superfood Protein powder, and then cut back to 2-3 supplements. After I use up those supplements, I will switch to the other ones to try out.
I hope that with time, I will be able to develop a well rounded out beauty care program for myself. My friend asked me why I don’t try to use one product at a time to see how it works. The truth is that I buy a lot of beauty care products and receive a lot of them from various companies.
I have so many products, plus I keep purchasing more. I am not looking for a cure all or anything, I just find exploring new products to be fun. You can say that it brings me joy. I like having my little spa days, trying out new products. Along the way, I do find a few loves that stick with me. Perhaps I’m just trying to discover more loves along the way.
[Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive compensation.]